Thursday, June 9, 2016

Industry Spotlight: A Swimwear Destination for Every Woman

Sometimes finding the perfect swimsuit can be quite difficult. That's why Trish Crowder created CustomSwimwear. She couldn't find the right size for herself, so that inspired her to create a business that all women would benefit from. Read our interview with Trish to find out more about her and the company.



DGG: Tell us about yourself, Trish.
Trish Crowder: I love life, I love what I do and also I love to kite surf.
DGG: Tell us about CustomSwimwear. 
TC: Custom Swimwear is a company dedicated to helping women find the perfect swimsuit fit. We want to empower women and help them feel comfortable in their own skin. What inspired me to create the first swimsuit was the fact that I could not find the right size for me, so I made my own bathing suit. They are made for any woman who has a hard time finding a swimsuit.

Image from Custom Swimwear

DGG: Since you've been around for over 20 years, how has the company changed?
TC: The company has been through a lot of changes. It started as a home based business and it grew so much the city made me move to a building. We have made everything from swimsuits, exotic dancewear, costumes and Christmas wear. We have done retail, wholesale and internet sales. Right now most of our profit comes from repeat customers who have remained loyal to our brand and that makes me feel very grateful.
DGG: What are your goals for the company today?
TC: I want to be able to increase our online presence, continue to have happy employees and be a profitable company.

Image from Custom Swimwear

DGG: What has been the biggest challenge with Custom Swimwear since starting it?
TC: It has been a learning curve, the biggest challenge has been learning how to be profitable.
DGG: If you could give advice to someone starting their own company, what would it be?
TC: Love what you do!
DGG: How do you take your coffee?
TC: I like my coffee with lots of flavored cream.
DGG: Ocean or beach?
TC: Both, beach to launch the kite and ocean to ride in.
DGG: Ideal vacation spot?
TC: Windy, sunny and warm. North Shore Hawaii.

Image from Custom Swimwear

No comments:

Post a Comment