Friday, July 15, 2016

Industry Spotlight: International Design Consultant Locates in Michigan

DGG: Tell us about yourself, Anjali.
Anjali Purohit: Born and raised in India, I have pursued my higher studies in Accessory Design from National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, India and Masters in Showroom Design from Nuova Academia Di Belle Arti, Milan, Italy. Michigan is home to me now.

With over 10 years in the fashion design industry, I have worked with international design teams, factories, suppliers, and varied artisan clusters. Multicultural exposure and design education has played a huge role in shaping myself as a creative professional. 

DGG: Tell us about being a design consultant. How can local designers benefit from your services?
AP: As an entrepreneur and designer myself, I understand that budget, cost, production constraints go hand in hand with creative possibilities. I contribute to various facets of design, product and business development for other designers/labels/businesses. As each brand or business has specific needs, I choose to work in a customized format.

Sourcing fabrics, developing customized textiles (artisanal), prints & embellishments, production co-ordination, product development, sourcing/buying/planning merchandise, art direction, branding & market research, planning of seasonal collections, trend research, developing educational design modules are some of the services. I provide to start up / established designers & businesses in product categories like clothing, fashion & home accessories (leather, jewelry, textiles).

The format of payment can be on project basis for example. It does vary as per the requirement of the client & scope of work involved. One can reach me at onewindow@gmail.com for any inquiries. 




DGG: Do you prefer designing/buying for home or clothing?
AP: Currently, I have a stronger affinity for designing accessories (home + fashion).
DGG: For those getting into design or the fashion industry, what would be your biggest piece of advice?
AP: Design / Fashion education that combines industry exposure is a great value add to start of. 




DGG: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
AP: Continue learning & contribute by working with design teams, artists & artisans globally.

DGG: What are you most inspired by? 
AP: Visual Culture. 

DGG: Describe your style. 
AP: Comfort & color lead the way for me personally. 

DGG: West Elm or Crate & Barrel? 
AP: West Elm. 

DGG: Blazers or sweaters? 
AP: Blazers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment