Monday, December 7, 2015

Guest Blog: Style It Local with Emily Semroc

Name: Emily Semroc
Major: Apparel and Textile Design at MSU
Instagram: @emilysemroc

About Me: I am a fashion addicted senior at Michigan State University, studying Apparel and Textile Design. When I’m not slaving over a sewing machine for class, you will find me living out my other passion – singing. I am in an a cappella group on campus, which helps me express my creativity and extend my creative process. While studying and preparing for graduation, I have been interning for DGG as a blogger for Style Factory. 




Style It Local:
Green leather peplum jacket- Kohl’s
Tinsel Town Black Jean’s- Macy’s
Statement Necklace- Banana Republic
Black Riding Boots- Nordstrom

Style Inspiration:
I have always been inspired by the combination of feminine and hard textures. While you will typically see me donning an all black look, the occasional pop of a gem tone or rich color adds some flare to my wardrobe. Karl Lagerfeld said it best when he said, “one is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress”. Alexander McQueen has always been one of my biggest inspirations with his attention to detail, structure to his pieces, and the inspirational color palettes. Adding a thick, chunky necklace or a fun clutch, accessorizing has always been my favorite way to add excitement to any look.

Favorite Winter Accessory #1: Thigh high socks 

Favorite Winter Accessory #2: Chunky scarves

No comments:

Post a Comment