Monday, January 16, 2017

Style It Local: CMU Fashion Student Talks Fashion & Career Pathways



Name: Macey Ronquillo
Major & School: Fashion Merchandising at Central Michigan University (sophomore)
Instagram: @MaceyRonquillo

About Me: I am a sophomore at Central Michigan University, and I grew up in Oakland county Michigan. I love fashion and I am so thankful my parents are giving me the opportunity to follow a career in what I feel passionate about! When it comes to the fashion industry, I see big things coming to Michigan. I want to experience working in fashion in cities like New York or Los Angeles, but I eventually want to come back to Michigan to pursue a career because I am so proud of where I come from!

Style It Local:
Sweater – Urban Outfitters
Leggings – Lululemon
Jacket – Kit and Ace
Shoes – Sorel 
Sunglasses – Ray-Ban







Style Inspiration: My biggest style inspiration comes from the girls in my classes and sorority, as well as the girls I see on social media. I am glued to my phone (especially Instagram), and I like keeping up with my favorite celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian and Jessie James Decker. They are both so causual but stylish all of the time. I believe I am a hippy at heart, so I like vintage styles that have a 2017 twist. 

Favorite Item in Your Closet: My favorite item in my closet is surely any sort of chunky knit sweater especially this time of year. All four seasons though, definitely a black or white bralette they make layering so fun and you don’t have to wear a real bra (yay!!).

Go-To Garment: My washed out black jeans that have a tear at each of the knees. I wear them to class with short booties and when I go out on the weekend I pair them with a chunky or strappy heel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment