Monday, January 9, 2017

Style It Local: Melissa Malesky, Owner of Posh Boutique

Name: Melissa Melesky
Website: www.poshnovi.com 
Instagram: @poshnovi

About Me: I am a wife and mom of two, a 6-year old boy named Aiden and a 3 year old girl named Brooklynn. I am originally from Dearborn. I graduated from the University of Michigan - Dearborn with a bachelors degree in Communications - Electronic Media. I worked in the past as a marketing assistant for a couple of different types of companies. I always dreamed of owning my own business. Actually growing up, I really wanted to own a shop on the beach somewhere. Being in the corporate world just made me unhappy. I am such a hard worker and super motivated to accomplish the things I want in life no matter how many hours of work it takes, so I really wanted to be working for myself. This allowed me to create something of my own but also to have to ability to be a full time mom. It takes so much time and dedication to really build a business but I wouldn't change any of this for the world. I honestly feel like I get to have it all. 

Navy Cold Shoulder top- Posh Boutique
Flying Monkey Jeans- Posh Boutique
Fat Bootie- Posh Boutique






Style Inspiration: Growing up, I always loved Jennifer Anniston. I love that cool and casual look when you look on trend but it was effortless. Even before kids, I just loved a great fitting pair of jeans and a fun, chic top with a little accessory accent like a scarf or a statement necklace. As a mom, I tend to be inspired by other stylish moms. I like checking out how they put together everyday pieces to look so put together and trendy. I am on Pinterest everyday, for ideas about everything in life whether it be home decor, DIY projects, projects for the kids or style trends. It inspires me on what I wanna carry at Posh and how I wanna style it.

Favorite Winter Trend: I love oversized sweaters, leggings, and boots. It's so easy yet so stylish. Fall and winter are my favorite fashion seasons. At Posh, we call it the trendiest time of year!

Favorite Winter Accessories: Scarves and socks. I can style up a basic long sleeve top with a fun, warm scarf and complete my look. I also love boot socks. It catches attention but you can have fun with it. 

Advice for Aspiring Business Owners: Jump in and get your hands in the mud. You will never really live your dream unless you set aside all of your doubts and just go for it. Life is all about risks. Your biggest regrets could be the risks you never took. You can't expect to have it all if your not willing to jump in and do the work. It's not easy but if you really love what you are doing, it will never feel like work. Make sure you are ready to put in hard work, dedication, and the motivation to keep going even when times get tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment