Monday, March 14, 2016

Guest Blog: Style It Local with Deanna Stepp of The Styled Life

Name: Deanna Stepp, VP of Marketing at The Styled Life
Insta: @thestyledlifeco
Facebook: The Styled Life



About me:
I have always been fascinated with art. My favorites types are fashion (especially handbags & shoes), interior design and painting. When I was in high school growing up in Iowa, kids used to scoff at some of my clothing pairings, only for me to observe them wearing the same things in a couple if months; I chalk that up to the beginning of my trendsetting. I never have a go to store, price point or brand. I Iove to mix bargain statement pieces with designer basics.

I spent my early-to-mid-20’s in Chicago, starting my fashion career at Marshall Field’s (now Macy’s). I was captivated and worked in the jewelry department, then honed my beauty skills working for names such as Paula Dorff, Clinique and Dior. My husband and I moved to Michigan in 2006 where I worked as the Senor Executive Merchandise Manager for all non-apparel merchandise at Macy’s Somerset Collection.

I also taught post-graduate level courses about inventory and purchasing at the Art institute of Michigan, Novi. I settled in as the Director of Fashion Marketing and Management in 2011, working with young fashion students to cultivate and grow the Detroit fashion community and careers. 

I was fortunate enough last year to meet my business partners, Matt Yessian and Courtney Miarka of THE STYLED LIFE. They brought this genius idea to my attention on how you can have access to your closet from downloading all of the items to a website. You can style your own outfits or have professionals do it for you.  We instantly connected and have been helping people “never wonder what to wear” ever since. It’s a dream to use my business acumen and passion for fashion in a company that is revolutionary, hip and user friendly. I cannot wait to see what 2016 has in store for us.

Style it Local: 
Leggings:  American Apparel, Royal Oak
Turtleneck: Vintage
Vest: Forever 21, Great Lakes Mall
Shoes: Fendi, Saks 5TH Ave, Somerset Collection
Bag: Fendi, Saks 5TH Ave, Somerset Collection

Style Inspiration:
Reworking old pieces into new. I make it a challenge because I hate to throw things away. THE STYLED LIFE site helps me create these looks. Have as many pairs of shoes as you want, the more shoes you have, the more you can rotate them and they last longer. Effortless beauty. People who don’t look too buttoned up or uncomfortable. Feeling good in your clothes and skin is the most important thing. People who just go for it; you can pair anything you want together- no magazine or person has to tell you how to dress!

Favorite Cold-Weather Accessory #1: A log and warm coat. I like this one from BCBG Generation. Its got a short and long zipper to wear 2 ways. Other features are sleeve mitts, an elongated turtle neck and awesome hood. 

Favorite Cold-Weather Accessory #2: A hat that I can wear my glasses with and a ponytail. All three are my weekend accessories in the winter. This one is an athletic type, with a hole in back for my ponytail to thread through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment