Friday, April 17, 2015

Varvatos Makes the Move to New York Fashion Week

I suppose it’s only appropriate to share the news that John Varvatos has announced that his runway fashion show move the day after his party with Alice Cooper. We’re going to keep this Varvatos train going as long as we can.

The John Varvatos Spring 2016 Collection will be shown at the Inaugural New York Fashion Week: Men’s, the new standalone showcase for American men’s fashion created by the CFDA.

“From the time I started my brand in 2000, the timing between NYFW and the menswear calendar was never truly aligned,” said Varvatos. “After eight years of showing in NY, I moved my show to Milan and gained a global audience. We’ve shown there for the past seven years and it’s been a wonderful experience and a real boost for our international growth. Last month, we opened a store in my hometown of Detroit and we received such an overwhelmingly positive response that it made me want to bring the fashion show back to New York."


The John Varvatos spring collection will close the men’s event with a fashion show on Thursday, July 16. The move is a return for Varvatos whose last New York fashion show was in spring 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment