Monday, August 31, 2015

Guest Blog: Style It Local with Bruna Camargo of StyleMile



Name: Bruna Camargo
Blog: StyleMile
Website: style-mile.com
Instagram: @bruntunes

About Me: When I moved to Michigan from Brazil in 2002 I was only 12, but style and trends already played a big part in my life. I ditched the flip-flops and the surfer shorts and quickly learned that colorful scarves and pom-pom boots would be a new staple in my pre-teen wardrobe.

I honed in on my creativity during my time at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, and fashion became a big part of my “brand” – can you tell I work in advertising? My knack for shopping turned into thrifting adventures and soon I realized I needed an outlet to collect the different combinations that followed trends but at the same time defied them.

StyleMile became that place to me. It was somewhere I could document my ever-evolving personal style, unravel my not-so-serious musings and inspire others to do the same. I don’t believe chasing the most expensive price tags is the only way to feel absolutely fantastic and confident about the way you look. "Great style, humor and sass-piration walked into a search bar.” That’s StyleMile.






Style It Local:
Long-Sleeve Romper: Posh Boutique – Novi, MI
Leopard Print Sandals: 
Target
Earrings: 
Forever 21
Necklace: 
Gorjana by Rocksbox
Polish: 
Chinchilly by Essie

Style Inspiration: Fall in Michigan is always tricky. Sunny by day, but chilly by night, these long sleeves will keep me warm on top, but I can still stretch my legs for a few more weeks with a romper, even when the temperatures begin to drop. Leopard print has become almost a neutral print, so I dared mixing it with the geometric patterns on the romper. This go-to gray polish is the perfect hue for fall as it’s on-trend and goes with any color your outfit may bring.




Fall Style Tip #1: Wear the shoes! Autumn is the most perfect time to rock all the shoes that have been gathering dust in the back of your closet. Cold enough for booties, but still warm enough for pumps, this is the time to experiment with different textures, materials, shapes, heels and more. This time of year I usually begin my look from the shoes up – there’s only a small window of time to wear those cut-out metallic brogues you’ve been staring at all summer. Do it (and don’t forget the accessories like colorful socks)!


Fall Style Tip #2: I love wearing a neutral look with a focus on a single bold print. Be it an accessory like a scarf, or a headband, or a printed pair of slacks, try a monochromatic scheme and throw in a wrench in that formula. You’ll find that the single print will draw attention to what you’d like to enhance that day and it will give you that certain chic je ne sais quoi everyone craves.

No comments:

Post a Comment