Monday, November 16, 2015

Guest Blog: Style It Local with LALA TRIPS

Name: LALA TRIPS
Instagram: @LALATRIPS

Photo Credit: Robyn Maria Photo
About Me: I am a singer/songwriter, blogger, and creative. I was raised in Detroit and studied fashion design for a short time at WSU. This year, I released music and started blogging again (I originally started blogging back in 2009 while at WSU). When it comes to writing song lyrics or poetry, it starts with an overwhelming feeling or feelings that need to be express and let out in that moment of time; I don't think about writing lyrics - the words/ideas/concepts just comes in an instant. When it comes to fashion, I enjoy great visual stories and fashions that are more stylized with interest and detail.

Style It Local: 
Cardigan - Thrift on the Ave
T Shirt - Detroit Is The New Black
Necklace - Lost & Found Vintage
Rings - Salika Jewels, Purple Love, The Peacock Room, and the old vintage shop that use to be near Cass & MLK


Style Inspiration: 
Luxe streetstyle; I love the mix of hard with feminine. Though I have a current rotation of black, I do love pops of color and prints. The focal point of this look is the vintage beaded duster cardigan from Thrift on the Ave. I love this piece for it's versatility and unique appeal. It's a cross between goth and glam. The heather gray slogan graphic tee shirt is Detroit Is The New Black; heather gray is one of my favorites. All of the rings I'm wearing are from local shops and one I purchased at Dally in the Alley a few years ago from a vendor. My initial necklace is by a local artist from Lost & Found Vintage in Royal Oak.


Most Coveted Designer: I am a sucker for anything Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Commes des Garcons, Alexander Wang, Dries Van Noten, Junya Watanabe, Givenchy, Phillip Lim... I could probably go on to name more. 

Photo Credit: Robyn Maria Photo
Photo Credit: Robyn Maria Photo

Photo Credit: Robyn Maria Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment