Monday, September 28, 2015

Guest Blog: Style It Local with Amber Nicole, of Amber Nicole Style



Name: Amber Nicole
Blog/website: ambernicolestyle.com
Instagram: @ambernicolestyle

About me: 
I am a wardrobe stylist, personal shopper, fashion blogger and owner of Kouture Styles Boutique. After leaving MSU, I made the big decision to go to LA for a summer to take fashion styling classes & intern under major stylists. I got a chance to work with stylists such as Debra Afshani, Maeve Reilly and Shun Melson, to name a few. I also had the chance to assist on photo shoots for major publications such as Vanity Fair and Entertainment Weekly. Since returning home in 2013, I started building my own fashion businesses, branding myself, networking, and making a name for myself here in Detroit. It hasn't been an easy road, but I am determined to have a successful career in fashion.  



Dress: Forever 21, Partridge Creek Mall
Necklace: Neiman Marcus, Somerset Collection 
Shirt: Kouture Styles Boutique
Shoes:  L.A.M.B., Great Lakes Crossing

Style inspiration: I am inspired by street-style fashion, especially during New York Fashion week. I am always excited to see what fashion week attendees are wearing. Other style inspirations come from watching runway shows, music videos, and reading fashion magazines. I am all about making a statement and having on at least one statement piece whether it's statement necklace, a graphic tee with a vulgar message, tops with dramatic sleeves or a dramatic peplum style - even wearing a statement shoe with a fringe or fur heel! I use my inspiration when dressing myself, styling clients, and also when buying for my boutique. 

Fall Style Tip #1: Invest in a great faux fur vest and/or coat! Fur vests were a hit last fall and after doing research, I noticed they are still here to stay and may be more popular this time around. They take any outfit from casual to fashionable so effortlessly. Fall is the perfect time to pull out your faux furs because the weather is perfect - not too cold, and not too hot. Faux furs are also a great transitional item going into fall; they definitely make a statement and add dimension to your outfit 

Fall Style Tip #2: Layering pieces for fall will always be on trend. If you are unsure how to layer your outfit, simply start by adding a cape or poncho over your sweater and jeans. Other ways to layer would be adding a sweater over a feminine lace dress with a duster, pairing an oversized scarf to a flowy top and leather pants, or using that same oversized scarf with an oversized blazer.

No comments:

Post a Comment